Sunday, July 8, 2018

Reflections of a Western Daoist

Although much of my writing in recent years has been about music, for many years I also have written about Daoism, Chinese thought as it has taken hold in the West, Yoga philosophy, and comparative spirituality.

The following essay appeared in a 2006 issue of The Empty Vessel, a journal on Daoist thought and aesthetics founded by Western Daoist, Solala Towler. In this essay, I describe my own Daoist journey, a path which blends seamlessly with Yoga and the Christian religion in which I grew up. I am currently co-editor and chapter contributor of a book on Daoism and science which is scheduled for publication by Nova Science Press in May 2019.

http://www.religiousscholar.com/reflections-of-a-western-taois/

No comments:

Post a Comment